Thursday, October 10, 2013

Goal Post or "What happens when you are too focused on one goal?"

...Like scoring a touchdown - so focused on getting into the end zone - do they every run into those giant goal posts? I probably would....

I've been trying to find a balance between ALL of the aspects of my life - I have goals for my running, goals for my home, goals for my work and goals for my spiritual life. Let's face it, I love goals! But I'm also a little ADD so..... wait, my coffee's ready....no... it wasn't ready, I just walked back to get it and realized I never pressed the button! grrr.... anyway... back to my goals....

I'm still having trouble focusing - I feel like a zoom in on one area and I accidentally let the other areas slide by the wayside... if I were a wide receiver, I'd be soo focused on getting open and catching the ball that I'd run into that GIANT goal post!

But I'm getting better and that's all that matters right?? I'm going to be scouring Pinterest looking for the perfect printable organizing miracle worker, but until then, here is what I've "achieved" so far:
 - I am doing yoga every morning - I HAVE to find a clip of the DVD I'm using - the people are a trip!!!
- I am TRYING really really (does that count??) hard to drink 100 oz of water every day and shooting for at least 80.
 - I am sticking to a running plan that I have made up myself....because I'm an expert.... on myself - I know, better than any pre-made plan, if my body can handle it - I think I'm doing a pretty good job at maintaining the appropriate level of discomfort and pain to be considered helpful - with words like 'discomfort' & 'pain', don't you want ME to make YOUR training plan too! :) ---- I'm supposed to do 9 miles this weekend - yay! my mileage is finally getting back up there!!!!

That is all. For now. :)

How do you feel about goals? or goal posts for that matter? :)
If you played football, what position would you play? or What team would you play for?
Anybody out there have any awesome goal-setting/meeting tips? Especially for those of us who are a little ADD?
Anyone else have trouble focusing??? What do you do for it??

No comments:

Post a Comment