Thursday, December 12, 2013

A New Addiction :)

It all started one afternoon, no different from many other afternoons - I was catching up on a few blogs I like to read, doing a little online shopping and checking my email - I love tabs & I rarely have less than 2 open at all times....



I was admiring the super cute outfits of one particular runner/blogger, thinking the usual 'Holy cow! I couldn't spend that much on one piece of running clothing! (I have TERRIBLE buyers remorse over EVERYTHING!) And she mentioned finding a few of her pieces on Ebay.... duhn, duhn, duuuuuuhhhnnnn....

eBay

Naturally, I opened a new tab and began browsing..... skeptical at first, but then.... I stumbled across a ton of stuff that was new, I mean, never been used, brand new! Of course, I bid, super low, because I really didn't know what I was doing.... and then..... low and behold.... last Saturday, and here's the great part, AFTER my PR race, WHILE Christmas tree shopping, BEFORE going to the parade.... I won something!!!!!!



Yes, you're probably thinking it, Saturday was the best. day. ever! :) (kind of kidding, kind of serious.... it was a ton of fun that's for sure!!!!)

I immediately paid with Paypal and discovered a downside....well, it's not really a downside, more of just a downer... the wait! I have been trying to stalk my package, but I haven't been able to/taken the time to figure out how to get it to work from the email Ebay sent, so I've just been waiting....

.....and waiting......and waiting.....

BUT.......

Today is THE day! My brand new Nike running pants at 1/3 the retail cost (YESSS!!! Now, if Fl weather would cooperate so I could actually wear them.....) should be in my PO Box TODAY!!! :)


Honestly, and realistically, running gear can get pretty expensive (although that bumper sticker is still true - I'm sure it's cheaper than therapy!) and I have to pick and choose where I spend my money. Currently, (starting after this most recent purchase of course!) I am saving up for a GPS watch. I have the Nike Sportband, but it isn't GPS and I really feel like I need the accuracy of a GPS watch.... now I just have to control my spending and not waste money on impulse buys that I don't actually need...

What do you track your runs with? 

Have you ever bought anything off of Ebay? What was it? Was it a positive experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment