Sunday, July 28, 2013

A 'Mixed Bag'

(If you've never read any of the Lemony Snicket books, you have to! They're kids' books, but in the way that today's cartoon movies are 'for kids' - there's something for everyone! In one of the books, he uses the phrase 'a mixed bag' to describe a situation that had good parts and bad parts. I love that phrase! And it describes my last few days perfectly......)

Here goes: My mom had surgery (-), it was successful so her quality of life will be much better! (+)
I got back on track with my training schedule (+), but I stunk up the place on my speed work (-) and got dehydrated (-).
I did 10 miles yesterday (+) & realized I CANNOT STAND my hydration belt - it bounces! (---)
Now, my leg hurts (---) :( praying for it!!
And the biggest 'Boooo!' Of the week goes to my job. I know it's summer and teachers don't work or even think about work during that time right? Booooonk! Our 'school grade' just came out & my school was 1 point away from a 'B'. I'm not going to make any excuses, it is just like anything else in life, when you work SO HARD on something & pour SO MUCH into something, only to have the rules changed & the playing field isn't level, it really stinks. Then to have people come along that don't know anything about education judge and criticize your profession as a whole!!!!! AAAHHH!!!! Okay, sorry, let me get down off my soapbox....
I think, in calling this week 'a mixed bag', I was trying to be positive....

Ever read any of the Lemony Snicket books? What's your fave?

Anyone else have a life outside of running? How do you balance everything?

What do you use for hydration during long runs??

I loooove me some balance! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment