Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trying not to be injured.....

I didn't realize how hard that would be! I've always been a 'pusher' (Tina Fey, "Mean Girls" style). I push everyone, my students, my own kids, myself - myself the hardest. Especially when it comes to sports. Growing up I played basketball & volleyball and I always went at it as hard as I could - no matter what. (That's actually how I ended up with a broken elbow :( my senior year!) Well..... I guess I unconsciously did the same thing when I picked up running. Pushing myself to go farther, harder, faster, longer with each run. Days off? Who does that? No days off! ---> Enter the frowny face any a weird pain in my hip. I'm not sure what it is, so I'm forcing -- FORCING -- myself NOT to run until it doesn't hurt. I DON'T want to end up with a serious injury b/c I couldn't just chill out. But seriously.... sad face -- I just want to run!!!



Normally, I hate that stores get seasonal decorations out WAY to early, but I made a last minute snack stop at the Dollar Store today and **gasp** they had candy corn!!!! It made my day!! Up until that point, I had been feeling pretty crummy thanks to the whole hip pain + car trouble fiasco, but those candy corns.... and my two super genious boys turning the little corner of the checkout area into a "candy rocket" & inviting me to go for a ride - when I accepted and we blasted off.... it was just so fun to play along with them. Those 5 minutes were a total surprise, but it was so super special to me. LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment