Friday, July 19, 2013

Balancing Act

  The biggest struggle I have is with keeping my life in balance. With so many 'lthings to do', if I'm not careful, I'll get distracted or off-track & then overwhelmed. In the past, that has always been followed by getting physically overwhelmed - catching a cold that just adds to the exhaustion. YUCK! & NOT ANYMORE!
   I am working on staying on track, looking closely at my patterns & routines to see what I need to change. This is what I learned today: Runs do not equal prayer time.
   Some people may be able to fully focus & really pray while they run. Not me. Not that I don't acknowledge God at all during my runs - I am usually involved in some kind of conversation with Him, but it's usually more along the lines of 'I can do all things through Christ' or 'All things are possible to him who believes' and some part of those verses becomes my mantra for the next mile or so. At no point during my desperate running prayer do I pray for my family or really, anything other than my current run.
   With ALL of that being said - how does this affect my day? Well, if I want to have my time with God before I run, I have to get up earlier and that means I need to go to bed earlier. In order to go to bed earlier, I need to get dinner started/finished earlier so everyone will be ready for bed earlier - AAHHH!! Starting to get overwhelmed!
  I think I'm going to start by planning my meals for the week. I've never done that before, ,I'd say it's definitely time to start!

What are you 'get it all done' tricks?
Do you have any non-negotiables that you HAVE to do everyday?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment