Saturday, August 3, 2013

What Have You Done This Week?

I have done a whole ton of stuff and absolutely NONE of it included actually running. :(

Warning: Teacher Rant Ahead
My oldest spent his mornings at Vacation Bible School, so Joshua and I spent our mornings in my classroom getting ready for the upcoming school year. I got a few things done, but spent a lot of time running back and forth between the bathroom (which is actually in a completely different building) and my room so Josh could take a potty break or looking for supplies in the janitor's office and another completely different building - 5th grade is in our very own special place on campus, far, far away from everyone else, so there are a lot of "completely different buildings" on campus. And, no, in 'Far, Far Away' we don't have our own bathroom - that's a problem ALL YEAR LONG... but apparently adding a whole new set of bathrooms is a pretty complicated process, so we just suck it up and walk the extra yardage.

Warning: Runner Rant Ahead
I have spent my usual running time this week trying to meditate more on my Bible and prayer time + I've also been trying to NOT have a hip injury. My hippish area has been hurting for a while (this area is at the front of my hip joint - not sure if it's the leg or the joint? so it's 'hippish') and I was trying to make it go away with rest. Didn't happen, so, I made an appointment at our local general med. office so I could get the referral train rolling sooner than later. I have an x-ray scheduled for Monday.... and I'm taking some NSAIDs in the meantime. :(

So, instead of running, I have been reading all ABOUT running, following some awesome people on Facebook, reading some great blogs and of course my Runner's World issue that came in the mail yesterday!

Facebook:
Run Hard - Always Finish
Scrambled Legs Running
Distant Runners
Running4Him

Blogs:
The Hungry Runner Girl
Skinny Chick Blog
Laced Up With Lipstick

Ever had an injury that required rest? How long did you have to take off?


How do you find balance in your life? I think this will be my LIFELONG struggle!



No comments:

Post a Comment